PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passing the time on long transits
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 12:22
PTR 175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience is only as Kipper fleet ground crew.

Mostly standard stuff really, trying to get some sleep in vinyl seats, ugh or using the engine intake blanks to sleep on.

Doing as much of the After flight servicing as possible before it lands, to gain some extra drinking time, (easy for us comms people),

Copious amounts of coffee and tea drinking, smoking, avoiding the pipe smoking Flt Engineer who was banished down the back if he wanted a quiet puff, plenty of cards going on as well.

Trying to make honkers stew and failing miserably, Eating tinned strawberries and chocolate ice cream because the crew were on task and too busy to eat, Honest it did happen.

Wondering why we were all feeling queasy and seeing a FLM in the LH seat at the front with a headset on and a massive grin trying to keep the aircraft straight and level and failing.

Taking photos out of the window by the HF crate. I have a few good ones of the Slava.

One long and boring flight I replaced a lot of the intercom illuminating lamps. I must have been very bored.

My favorite one was using the kit in flight and learning a lot from the crew about the differences between testing on the ground and use in the air.

Yes going to Gib for the nth time that year was a pain but I would give my Rt Testicle to do it now.