PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 11:21
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read every post and we have this conversation every year and for some reason I come to the same conclusion.
So, due to the fact we have the audacity to question why MAN is seemingly unable to handle ANY diversion last night while other airports were seemingly able to handle multiple diverts means we are nothing but spotters wanting diverts to log?

For me, it was nothing to do with 'spotting', I haven't been 'spotting' in years. It was a genuine question as to why diverts could not have been evaluated on a case by case basis rather than a blanket ban on any divert except emergencies. I've said before, diverts are not the be all and end all, and you have to stay within your handling capability, but, some good does come from diverts and, as said, I fully understand that MAN couldn't handle 10-20 diverts, but, not even one E-Jet, come on!

I notice that, my question funnily enough remains unanswered as people are quick to come out with the 'effing spotters' remarks rather than reasonable answers.