PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maritime Patrol Capability: The SDSR’s Wolf Whistle
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 10:21
glad rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Courtney Mil
Here's my fear. Osborne is back to the wall over his tax credit reform. Opposition to Trident replacement is mounting - the £B 167 figure is scaring the horses. The Government has gone very quiet on F-35 costs. A few other things that you don't need me to tell you about. So how is another big spending announcement going to go over?

If existing programmes survive SDSR in tact I shall be pleasantly surprised. It's not too hard to see where savings might be made within the RAF. The Army losing "boots" is simple to politicians. Cuts to the Navy are more difficult for me to understand, but the capital commitment (carriers, some fixed wing assets and the Trident thing) is bound to be attracting attention.

It's all too much, no matter what the sensible thinkers here would wish for. If the 2% thing stands, someone needs to start getting out their calculator and find enough savings to balance the committed spendings and another new programme.

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger. I feel the same angst as you. We need an MPA.

At a "guess"

....'Fin doomed, 2019 scrapheap...

...High, millions, quote to go to ensure typhoon can do it all, even if appears physically, digitally, nearly, almost, perhaps, impossible.

Industry, seeing opportunity, bit like [still] useless grey flattops, says this is the plan.

See F-35.

Kershring.

MPA resurrected as a flight sim on a [high end] PC.

PS I hope I am completely out of the box with all of the above.