PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 09:27
AFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll give it a try....

1. Yes that's bang on as of our last pay rise which contrary to popular belief was July 15 and part of the 2014 pay deal. It's a £3000 increment in year two then approx £1500 per year thereafter.

2. Yes it does include a fixed flying allowance but no that's not correct. Your TOTAL pay is pensionable and you get paid that full amount (including 'flying' pay) irrespective of how many hours you fly. Your salary doesn't go up and down depending on how busy a month you have. Obviously your subsistence allowances aren't considered in the total figure and are not pensionable.

3. Yes there is a retirement bulge coming up but I have no idea how it'll affect command times other than they'll come down. It depends on uptake of part time and future expansion but I have heard it may dip below 10yrs. I really wouldn't bank on that however. It's currently running at approx 11yrs.

4. Yeah it's good with a cockpit gradient you'd expect for a UK airline. FOs are actively encouraged to make the decisions on their sector and most captains are fully aware of the experience the majority of new guys have when they join. A lot of them have far more command time than I do for instance.

5. Depends on the fleet you're on and what trips you do. Minimum zero, maximum 5.

Good luck if you apply.