PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVGAS fuel price at Biggin Hill EGKB
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2003, 17:50
SATCO Biggin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vigo....

Firstly appologies for us not replying to your E mail but we had a computer snag which prevented us picking up any messages. I finally got things back up and running yesterday after re-installing Windows and all software.

Hopefully the replies you have received from this Forum have given you the answers you require. Should you still visit Biggin on the 16th or 17th then I will arrange for transport to the Pilot Shop/ railway station for you.

CAUTION VORTEX WAKE.....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I would guess the owners of the 7 Veze and Leze based here would not agree with sentiments, particularly the one about their flimsy nosewheels.

Everyone....

Yes we do have a mix of greatly differing aircraft types at Biggin. The proportions are close to 80% SEP and 20% corporate jet/turbine. This does not create any problems provided everyone stays awake and listen to what the controllers ask them to do. We continue to upgrade the ATC facilities we have in order to smooth the integration of all types of aircraft user. A local 'radar' facility is currently being installed to assist controllers in this task (although we cannot provide any radar services directly to aircraft such as RAS or RIS)

Landing fees.......well I have paid similar amounts to land at all grass airfields and others with no facilities.

Regards

SATCO
Biggin Hill