PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 1st Nov 2015, 21:08
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
S-S, what is the red dot on the RRPM gauge at 85% signifying..?
Could you also clarify my last 2 paras in #244 ,please..?
Sycamore, I'm sure you know that it is the minimum continuous power off Nr when the ac is greater than 1900kg.
(p.24 The helicopter’s zero fuel weight was 2,427.67 kg)

Could you also clarify my last 2 paras in #244 ,please..?
I'll try

Has there been any move to have a `shed-bus `switch in parallel ,mounted on the cyclic/collective,so that it is not necessary to go grovelling around the roof at this critical moment when you need lights and the rad.alt,as per the EASA requirements.....???? If not, why not...?
I have no idea. Best aim that one to someone at AH.

Imho it's not really a grovel around.
Back at you… what would this switch have in order to recognise it as the Shed Bus Emer and not being one of the two landing light switches, engine trim switch, etc?
As the operator instructions say according to the report," if time is available, once an autorotation has been entered and the Nr is stable, the shed bus switch should be selected to emerg, a MAYDAY call should be made and, then, the engines shutdown," … 'if time is available'.

What happens when one has a double gene. failure? does the AFCS/A/P drop out; is the collective held by a `friction `knob or an electro clutch..can they be manually over-ridden..?do the hydraulics have accumulators for the control jacks..?
Why is the `Bat Disch` warning a `red` and a gong..surely it is only cautionary...
The collective has a wind on/off type friction, quite pull through-able.
The hydraulic system is run off the MRGB, as long as the gearbox is rotating then the hydraulic system should be working. If the gearbox is not rotating there will be no moving surfaces for the hydraulics to move.
Double Gen failure - As the generators are run off the engine gearbox, pretty much the same as when the engines fail. You would only have the Ess Buss 1&2 services available which would be running off the battery, which is probably why the Batt Disch is a Warning.