PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is GA turning around?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 19:43
iPahlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got co pilot time before i was line checked then i started getting ICUS, its just the way it works i guess
What aircraft type was that in?

Logging co-pilot until line check and then going to ICUS is most definitely not the norm... Co-pilot time is meant for certified two crew aircraft.

There's a steady trickle of jobs that're going, but as it's not a massive amount of movement at any one time it's mostly the people that are either Johnny on the spot, or those that know someone.

Yes, there are your 1500 hour single drivers, but that's really only considered "bad" given those who experienced the boom around '07 and the flow on effects of that until hiring pretty much froze.

Having said that I still know a pretty large number of guys and girls to have moved on to twins within the last 6-12 months all with less than 1500 hours. Heck, I know several that got in to multi crew turbo props with those sort of hours.

All I can say is, don't expect to get lucky, go make your own luck. Network, pack up the car and door knock and set up shop somewhere and make yourself useful, even if it's cleaning hangers, working in the office or doing general gopher work for LAME's.