PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 17:52
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know we go through this every year, but, it does make you wonder what BHX has done to get it so right but MAN seemingly get it so wrong.

BHX has a similar airline portfolio, similar handling agent setup and similar stand to based aircraft ratio to Manchester, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

They seem to be able to mop up 10-15 diversions without even breaking a sweat, yet, Manchester doesn't even try.

At MAN, stands can't be an issue at this time, it's a slightly quieter time, and the based aircraft don't start arriving for another 4-5 hours, more than enough time to turn a splash n dash. As said, BHX must have similar staffing level ratios to MAN, so, why are they able to accept diverts but MAN not? Are the MAN guys that overworked?

I know diverts are not the be all and end all, but, some positive business can come from diverts. Look at Kenyan, MAN accepted a diverted B737 on delivery a few years ago, and got every new B737 going to Kenyan since that day due to the fact Kenyan were impressed with the service received.

I understand you can't accept them all, but, come on guys, at least try. I cannot believe for one second that MAN couldn't possibly handle at least 1-2 A320 sixpzed aircraft, to which several have had to divert tonight.

Poor show, again, but, it's happened the past 3? Winters, so why am I surprised this time around.