PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 15:53
Neptune Spear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reassurance? That is what I need? I have no doubt I made the correct choice in leaving Emirates. Just ask my wife, my kids, my sleep cycles, my taste buds, my bank account, my friends and my happiness.
I come back here like I told all of you I would to let pilots know how good it is when you leave and to encourage other pilots to leave. As a pilot who has worked both places there is a world of difference. Plus;
I can open my car doors now in a parking lot
I pay less for gas now
I get treated with respect
I work way less hours
I don't work in the middle of the night
I work less days so I'm home more
I have a descent house, okay I have to pay for it but I'm building equity.
When I get senior enough to hold reserve I still will get 13 days off a month.
Delta pays for my passport.

We can go tit for tat but believe me it is so much better here. I have been told so many times "if you don't like something, let us know." Emirates says if I didn't like something I can leave. I did and I get the haters PM me. What losers they are. Funny when I did leave no one from EK asked me why I was leaving. I couldn't wait to throw those hateful words back in their face. I don't like it, so I'M LEAVING!
We are here for you." Emirates says we don't have the time for your problems. "How can we make your life easier?" Emirates doesn't even think we had a life or our life is there for them to exploit and work to the bone.
I know this post doesn't belong in the topic but I had to answer the haters. Reassurance, what a joke. It seems like pilots that tell themselves they enjoy the airline need the reassurance. Why else would they come to this site? 777-200 listed many reasons for staying but none about his health, his treatment, or his job satisfaction. Ask him or any other pilot in years to come what he thinks of Emirates after his wife leaves him because he is never home or when he is home he is dead tired, or when he has a heart attack, or he loses his medical because his body couldn't keep up with what EK asked him to do or more to the point forced him to do. How many pilots are off on Medical as of today? TOO MANY!