PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins Bad press
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2015, 07:26
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radgirl

I am not medically qualified to judge whether this report is a load of rubbish or not, have not seen it until it was posted here but if there is any truth to it then it's a very serious claim with serious consequences and probably the next DM media release

What really surprises me are that there are damning reports that come out and are published through the media for the consumption of the unknowing public

Surely Statins are a multi $ billion income to the large drug companies ?
I am very surprised that the courts are not inundated with claims against the media who publish such false information ( If the drug companies consider them false) and the source of that information which must be damaging those drug company profits!

Yet there appears to be nothing but claims, counter claims of their safety based on dubious data, statistics and science from both sides?

Or the science is so incomplete that no one really knows how to make a legal challenge against some of these claims ?
Cholesterol and its workings in the body are not fully understood? Just lowering A without realising the consequences to B, C, D, E and F is an incomplete science setting a playing field for claim counter claim etc.

A failed court challenge could have a serious impact and maybe that is why there appear to be no such challenges only claims counter claims and dubious data and statistics and science where the public and may I say some GPs no longer believe what they are told but will always support their fears unless those fears are removed by complete science and knowledge and that is your biggest problem

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st Nov 2015 at 09:34.