PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st Oct 2015, 18:21
mosquiii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Assessment 27th October.

Hi to everyone,

As this forum has helped me during my preparation for the Ryanair interview, I want to share my experience if it helps for the coming candidates.
I has the assessment the 27th october this month and 3 days later I had a positive feedback from the contractor agency. They have offered me the Type Rating course starting the 1st of February in AMS or the one that will start the 7th of March in EMA. I told them the one which starts before.

Here you have what I was asked in my interview and how the simulator went.

HR questions:
- Why do you wanna work for Ryanair?
- Weaknesses and strenghts?
- What qualities a good captain must have?
- What if he didn't listen to you?
- Questions about my engineering degree.
- Who is going to pay for your TR?
- What do your parents do for a living?
- Are you going to return them the money of your TR?
- When can you start if you pass?
- Do you have any question?

Tech questions:
- The forces that act on an airplane in flight (lift, weight, thrust and drag)
- How would you make an aircraft more aerodynamically? Without taking into account the engines. (Thin, minimal chamber and swept wings)
- What is GPS?
- Jetstream? Why westerly? (Pressure gradient + coriolis)
- Max certified crosswind on DA42? Some calculations of Xwind
- Arrival airport conditions of temperature 2 degrees and dew point 2 degrees. What conditions can we expect? --> FOG

Simulator assessment:
WAL2N SID from EMA given non standard departure straight ahead 2000' then right turn heading 360 degrees climbing to 5000'.
Then climbs and descends, turns, speed changes. Then descend from 5000' to 3000' with ROC 1000 ft/min with right turn to heading XXX.
Then some questions about QDM interceptions when inbound to EME locator.
Entering the hold, cabin emergency, in this case was smoke in the cabin. Request to land and EMA and ILS approach to runway 27. Once visual with the runway G/S and LOC failure and continue the approach visually.

I hope it will help the future candidates and just think they need pilots, just be yourself, try to stay calm as much as possible but sometimes it's kinda difficult.

I wish you all the best.

Last edited by mosquiii; 2nd Nov 2015 at 07:53. Reason: Another tech question