PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2015, 14:10
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
The Future

Hey A&C we are nearly agreeing (this has got to stop or the thread will get boring).
My 'missive' to the CAS suggested he 'talks' to his chums that run the RAF GSA and gets some real 'hands on' feedback as how the system 'could' be run and also satisfy the regulations. What is really frustrating is whilst all this 'cascading' and other 'yuk speak' has being going on the fleet could have been sorted if in the hands of a 'capable' system.
I suspect the original contract is not that watertight therefore no one wants to 'push' the contractor into a legal corner.
The priority should be to get some suitable airframes into the system so operations can start again.If these are EASA cert then they can come from anywhere and we do not need 100 (20 to start) to get going. The Viking fleet can then be 'recovered' as the VGS build up strength again.
I agree the contract should be given to a proven source (poss even the BGA/ GSA) and also the expertise of the LAA would not be a bad thing as they have a good tech history of certifying both old and new built aircraft including hi tech ones under the EASA banner. The longer this disgraceful debacle goes on the ATC will loose people and capability, if there was a time in its history that LEADERSHIP was needed it is now.(cue Reach for the Sky theme,and dont prod the AOC with your pipe Turner)