PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 31st Oct 2015, 12:56
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Special25, I know what you are saying about sims, scenarios, situations and setups, but you paint a very different picture than that of the real situation;

"If I was putting someone through their paces in a simulator, would we fail one engine, and then while they were sorting out the first failure, give them a second failure at 600ft, low speed, at night, no landing light, over a city?? Of course not. You'd be setting them up to fail. It might be a demonstration of why not to get yourself into that position in the first place, but I can't imagine that many would turn that into a successful auto."

However, the real version of events, from page 7, is;

The helicopter tracked towards GCH at an altitude of about 1,000 ft amsl, with a ground speed of approximately 100 kt. Between 2221:35 hrs and 2221:45 hrs, when the helicopter was about 2.7 nm east of GCH, the right engine flamed out, leaving the pilot with one engine inoperative (OEI). Approximately 32 seconds later, about 1.8 nm east of GCH, the left engine flamed out.
Totally different situations.