PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last Vulcan flight
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2015, 01:51
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You think a "military cockpit" detracted from the machine's quality? Why? How? What was wrong with it? What other type of cockpit do you suggest a military aircraft should have? I take it you think there a civilian alternative that would have been more suitable?
No not at all, the guys I know who flew them said it was cramped and uncomfortable on long sectors.

The smell of a Vulcan put people off loving it? First I've heard of that. I'd always been told everyone loved the characteristic smell...
You mean the mix of "hydraulic fluid and vomit"?

"The" first Vulcan, was it? No prototypes made beforehand then? Perhaps you meant "their" first one which isn't the same thing. Your unnecessarily sarcastic point is rather undermined by inaccuracy. Sloppy
You're a pedantic person aren't you? Yes, the first RAF one.

God, they've gone and had an accident at Heathrow (roll eyes). Bah! Whatever will the fools do next. And your point is...?
Maybe if they'd planned to land elsewhere without all the pomp and ceremony waiting for them they might have been less inclined to "risk it"

You seem to have a grudge against Air Marshals, and/or the RAF. Superiority complex?
No not at all but I know some in the service certainly do have a superiority complex, you're right on that point.

That's just nasty, spiteful and infantile. What is your problem with the RAF?
I don't have a "problem" as you put it. However "medals, a good pilot (or good person for that matter) do not make"....

And a final nasty personal swipe at his brother for offences apparently upsetting to Private Jet of an unspecified nature. That's shameful too.
I knew someone that was nearly killed by the brother in a 707 incident. Unfortunately the brother was the Captain at the time, so back off pal. Also if you really know anything you'd know exactly what eventually happened to that brother.