PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last Vulcan flight
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2015, 01:00
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why??? Are you serious?

OK, I'll bite.

despite the "military" cockpit
You think a "military cockpit" detracted from the machine's quality? Why? How? What was wrong with it? What other type of cockpit do you suggest a military aircraft should have? I take it you think there a civilian alternative that would have been more suitable?

despite THAT smell
The smell of a Vulcan put people off loving it? First I've heard of that. I'd always been told everyone loved the characteristic smell...

It's a pity the RAF crashed the first one
"The" first Vulcan, was it? No prototypes made beforehand then? Perhaps you meant "their" first one which isn't the same thing. Your unnecessarily sarcastic point is rather undermined by inaccuracy. Sloppy.

at Heathrow of all places too
God, they've gone and had an accident at Heathrow (roll eyes). Bah! Whatever will the fools do next. And your point is...?

Some sort of Air Marshall
You seem to have a grudge against Air Marshals, and/or the RAF. Superiority complex?
btw, the spelling is Marshal with one "l".

all those medals and they still couldn't land.....)
That's just nasty, spiteful and infantile. What is your problem with the RAF?

both pilots ejected and left their colleagues to fry
That, Sir, is beyond the pale. A foul and inappropriate slur on the good character of two senior officers, men the likes of whom you'll never be fit to wipe the boots of.
They didn't specify the ejector seat fit. The Sec. of State for Air told Parliament it was their "duty" to eject. Are you really so arrogant you feel qualified to overrule his view? Or just so qualified in 1950s military morals and ethics to know that one just doesn't eject if anyone else is going to be hurt? What would you have done? Poignantly failed to eject and die with the others in the most futile of futile gestures I suppose. Yeah right.

And a final nasty personal swipe at his brother for offences apparently upsetting to Private Jet of an unspecified nature. That's shameful too.

So, you se, there's scarcely a word of your post that isn't unpleasant, inaccurate, spiteful or just downright nasty.

A mean, spiteful, little futile gesture is what you are, that's for sure, and that's being very polite indeed.

Last edited by Wageslave; 31st Oct 2015 at 01:19.