PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2015, 00:28
Mechta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What gets me about the job descriptions, is that they are advertising salaried positions as opposed to contracts, yet once the aircraft have been through the system, will all the staff be retained? If not, why would anyone move to Syerston for a low paid job, with a skills requirement (composites)that would get them a decent job in the motor racing industry, wind turbines or an Airline? Once you subtract the typical cost of digs (i.r.o. £4K/yr), working away from home is hardly likely to be an option.

As A and C says, the business model on which the company concerned operates is dependent on having ex-servicemen with the necessary skills, a pension and a reason not to move away from the area near where they were serving. In this case, I suspect those people will be in short supply.

On a project like this, in which time is, or at least should be, of the essence, having to train staff in either the paperwork or repair skills is not an effective option. In any normal company would mean hiring in already skilled contractors and paying them accordingly.