PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2015, 23:27
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alasdair1
Hi i know this is a bit in the future but is anyone aware if Ezy will operate the successful EDI-BJV in may 2017? And operational days as they changed for S16.
I use the route a lot and using it again in.S16

I ask this at this early stage as need to book dates for 2017 before they go on sale in sept 16 as my new employer wishes to know the accurate dates as they don't usually guarantee dates after around the June the year before for may and sept
as we travel usually may and sept is their any way of having a heads up on 2017 via Easyjet as we only have Easyjet to bodrum now from Scotland and it is important to us.

I also note they are joined with Tc holidays in S16 on the Edi will this continue in S17
sorry if it is off topic.
Also for the advance interest in the route.
It's quite hard to tell. With EZY if the route doesn't do well in summer 2016 then I doubt it'd be back in Summer 2017. They would drop it and send the aircraft elsewhere. Predicting now what the summer 2017 market will be like is impossible and pointless. Any number of new destinations could see a rise in traffic and Bodrum could quite easily suffer. One thing I'd be concerned about, aside from domestic Turkish matters is the ongoing Syrian situation, if millions more flood into Turkey and head for the Coast (seeing as how Bulgaria and Greece will tighten land borders) then Bodrum could be swamped with people seeking to leave and that'll impact on tourism.

Of course, EZY could drop the route and someone new could pick it up. As you'll no doubt book as soon as seats go on sale you're unlikely to have any problems getting a good deal so why not just tell your employer the dates now and book as soon as you can, with firm dates in mind. If you happen to choose dates without a direct BJV service from Scotland then you'll have plenty of time to sort something else out. I must say an employer asking about holiday dates in 2017 is a bit odd in my opinion, unless you're being taken on specifically for a project that lasts a certain amount of time and they are planning staffing requirements way in advance.