PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soldier rally for jailed marine?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2015, 12:07
Junglydaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several things erk me about this whole affair. During my 5 tours in KAF I was not allowed a camera on the flight line, and quite rightly so. Yet the fighting soldier is allowed to film anything and everything he pleases? Arguably, if his oppo hadnt filmed him, this would probably never have been raised as an issue, let alone a court case.

Also, why did his oppo keep the film when it was clear that there were possible implications with respect to Marine A's actions. Cheers mate!

The bottom line is clear. He did wrong, and admitted on camera that he had done wrong. Sofa-typers on here can argue all they like about his state of mind, but I suggest that a large proportion of us have absolutely no idea, either way, about what it is like being in that situation. Would I like to see him get off? Sure. However the Geneva Convention is what separates us from the uncivilised scum of the earth/battlefield, and we receive mandatory lectures every year on LoAC. Whether we should adhere to the Geneva Convention of the enemy doesn't is open for debate............