PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2015, 05:11
WYOMINGPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct WJA it is not my nor your opinion that counts. I am simply pointing out what most professional Employers want as demonstrated by most reputable recruiting agencies regarding the logging of flight time. Employers (specifically airlines) only want to see PIC where you actually signed for the airplane. In scheduled ops, this means that CA logs PIC for the whole flight and no else logs any PIC. Again this is for employment purposes. If a company has 2 full crews and an inflight process dictated in their Ops. Specs. for inflight changes of PIC then that is an acceptable process.

Stampee I am sorry if I offended you or WJA that is not my intention. Advising others about potential pitfalls or unfavourable employment practices however, is my right to express my opinion on this forum. Mr. Gammon has laid it all out there for potential recruits. They can take it or leave it. Stampee I am quite content at my narrowbody job as I knew and understood how Chinese carriers have in the past and most likely will continue for at least several years regarding using ExPats as the PIC. The narrowbody pay also seems to be considerably higher now in China than most widebody jobs. This is because the bulk of the demand in China is for narrowbody pilots. I know Hainan has a new 787 contract that has pulled substantially ahead of CS. I know some of the A-330 guys at CS have a good gig going and if you are an Airbus guy from Australia that would be a good choice.