PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2015, 21:50
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AYE IT WAS A SERIOUS ANSWER!

Have a lateral pull/push at the torque links on the NLG as you do the walkround. Any play, either at the "knee" joint or at the upper and/or lower phosphor bronze bushes will warn you your classic and NG is going to rattle on taxy, start to finish. Very often manifests itself as loud vibration just after liftoff, only ceasing when the NLG tyes rub the snubbers in the bay and stop rotation.

Take a look at the MLG "knee" joints. They are not bolted tightly together as per the NLG links (wear excepted) but you may see the efisculated (shiny) section of the NLG shimmy damper, depending on where it came to rest on parking.

Then look hard in the Boeing FCOM and waste some time looking for a reference to the MLG dampers. Unless of course they've since decided to inform their pilots of this since I hung my headset up.................

However, as I said in a previous posting, your F/O will be happier to know that the 'frame will take care of the first 15kts of the landing crosswind and he/she/it only has to cope with the remainder of the X-wind component?!

I promise to get out more............