PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recall Old Memory Banks, Please...
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2015, 10:49
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recall Old Memory Banks, Please...

Friends,
Some years ago I heard an audio interview with the Capt. of a U.S.-branded airliner who was forced to make an emergency landing in Iran - fuel, weather or mechanical issues I do not recall. I DO recall hearing that the Capt, his crew, pax and airplane were treated extremely well. I cannot recall the exact nature of his emergency, yet it seemed obvious that the crew has NO other choices. This happened at the height of the major dispute between the U.S. and Iran, perhaps 1980 or 1981.

If anyone has any recall or knowledge of this event, links to news or other reports, or especially a later audio interview with the Capt. of the aircraft, I'd be grateful for anything that you can provide.

If PM is your choice, please use it! Your privacy will always be honored.

Even if you do not have personal details, a firm airline, flight number and date will enhance my many searches. Whatever you have or may recall will help. My own faulty memory suggests that the even aircraft was a DC-10, but I do NOT know that as fact. Again, PM is fine if you prefer. I really want to find the details of this now Old event. Grateful thanks to any and all who can provide a few pointers that will assist my search. Thank you. This is important. NFZ - aka - Cg.

Last edited by No Fly Zone; 29th Oct 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Clarity and Purpose