PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free teaching aid if anybody's interested
Old 3rd Jul 2003, 06:58
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Free teaching aid if anybody's interested

I'm in the process of re-engining one of my microlights. The old engine is very firmly never going to serviceable again after throwing a small end bearing and consequently rendering unserviceable parts worth more than a second hand engine.

Whilst I've invevitably been robbing the ancilliaries from it to re-use (fuel pump, gearbox, carbs, manifolds etc.). It does leave me with the core of an engine - crankcase, crankshaft, conrods, pistons, cylinder heads which other than being slightly pitted (from flying bits of needle bearing) looks reasonably presentable. Also being a Rotax, whilst the bits are all in the same order as anything else (apart from lacking the obvious valves you'd see on a 4-stroke), it's relatively small and light and can be pulled apart and re-assembled to your hearts content without needing any tools if you leave the cylinder-head nuts off.

If this would be of any use to anybody as a classroom model / teaching aid let me know - free to a good home. I'm most often usually found around Popham / Kidlington / Old Sarum so can happily drop it at any of those in passing.

Cheers,

G