PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training & Flying in America: Visa information
Old 28th Oct 2015, 21:15
boratron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the process of training with Mauna Loa. I live in the UK and applied for their professional pilot programme. I had to go through an application process with them I also had to prove that I have enough money to support myself whilst over there.
This all went ok and they sent me an I 20. I then went onto the U.S. Website and went through all there forms which culminated in visiting the U.S. Embassy in London (you als have to supply your fingerprints to another U.S. Agency that is separate to the visa applications)

I went to the embassy had an interview which lasted approx 1 minute and the visa was approved!.
I now have an F1 visa as of about 3 weeks ago. I'm doing my ppl at the moment and just waiting for the weather to clear and then take my skills test, and then an r22 rating. As soon as this has been done I'm off to Hawaii.

The whole process has been simple but protracted. Just itching to get over there now.

As for work in Hawaii a good percentage of graduates do get accepted to become instructors after graduation but there are no guarantees.