PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avidyne IFD540 review
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2015, 16:45
windwarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFD 540

More Nice things

On startup it will tell me how much fuel I should have left and ask me to confirm that this is correct.

The fuel calculator page has a wealth of info including MPG range in NM range in H:M. etc.

On the Map it will give me a green ---- circle and a solid circle. This is your range with reserve and absolute. I don't need to calculate airports etc for range I get a instant visual of where I can go with the fuel I have left. Or visual reminder to stop playing and head home.

All the data fields on the Map can be customized to your liking and the right data fields will scroll with more data fields by touch. You can put everything you ever want to know on the first page. Different users can use different setups, just choose the user.

My STEC 55x flies my approaches much better than it did with my G530W it seems to predict crosswind correction much better and seems to learn from its mistakes, it will only over correct once.

The screen is fully touch screen. Pinch, spread to zoom drag to move the map, rubberband to change flight plans.

Maps can be decluttered from terrain info or nav info with one touch.

Things I dont like:
Still looking for something to say.