PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 3rd Jul 2003, 06:09
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mars:

a) I vote according to the local environment. Where I am, Panama, you will get a fine that may hurt finacially and will be an example for everyone, and that was it. In this case I would vote for this.
In the UK the guy will probably loose the licence if they get him. Despite that there is/was an according vote to that matter.

b) If you do not see the "connection" between different laws in a common country getting drawn into ridicule then I canīt help you.
(An Ambulance Driver on duty in danger to loose his licence for speeding on an empty motorway is ridiculous, as would be loosing a licence for "the bridge"). I do know about European ways and laws, I am from Europe. But by now I do not expect anymore that you will get the connection....

c) I read plenty of CAA reports (mostly accident reports) written by very competent people, mostly high-time pilots, ex military or airline. Unfortunately they are the very minority in the CAA. The majority SEEM to be lawyers without any leeway to fairly harmless actions. If it was illegal, fine the guy, but I can imagine the outcome if they get him/her.

d) No, I never tried R-Roulette and donīt plan too. But I guess you never had the chance to sample some relaxed flying, as you "expertly" classify it as R-Roulette.

e) I guess you ever only read logical arguments on this site and never put your feelings or heart to it......Sorry for you!

3top

Last edited by Heliport; 3rd Jul 2003 at 06:30.