PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Airlines Have the Best Package In The Gulf region
Old 28th Oct 2015, 13:22
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
To answer the original poster's question is not simple. The respective packages at the ME3 airlines are made up of constituent parts including generally basic income, productivity pay, overnight allowances and some form of End of Service benefit that is based on time served. Also there will be Accommodation Allowance or accommodation provided depending on the actual airline. If you are a parent there is an Education Allowance for children, usually up to 19 years old. EK provides a Provident Fund for retirement and also a ( controversial) Bonus scheme which was quite lucrative last financial year.

There is probably not a huge difference between the ME3 in overall income but subtle differences in each company. The Staff Travel is generally very good, not all would agree but you would have access to cheap tickets in all classes plus a smattering of free tickets per year. Outside the ME3 you could consider Air Arabia, flydubai. Oman Air and I suppose you would find variations on the same theme. For example I believe that the original Air Arabia captains were on a very good income but based on very high flying hours - not everyone's cup of tea.

Saudia is anecdotally the highest payer but there is an obvious reason for that. In summary you are unlikely to find anyone who will publish their payslips on here but the packages are made up of constituent parts that reflect the expat nature of the job.

And finally for Pointer: no, it does not make me feel good about myself to correct spelling mistakes nor does it give me a feeling of 'superiority'. I did partly answer the question originally but felt that the poster was below the bar grammatically; I get frustrated with the 'spelling police' myself. Predictably, I also made a spelling error. The reply was generally meant in a light - hearted way so your reaction tends to make me think that you are the onanist of this thread, not others.