PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Pilot training in Latvia
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2015, 11:58
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finished my PPL in Wicklow Wings - Newcastle Airdrome (EINC), I would certainly recommend them, I completed my training in just under 50 hours and paid somewhere around 10k eur for everything. There are other good schools as well, like the one based in Waterford is reportedly very good, Trim flying club etc. But weather in Ireland is unpredictable so again it wouldn't be the top destination for foreigners to come and get their PPL - accommodation and your general cost of living in Ireland is VERY high. Virtually everything is more expensive than Germany or anywhere else in the continent except Scandinavia

Why wouldn't you do your training in Germany if this is where you currently are? The climate should be better and since you already live there, you don't have to worry about accommodation or anything.. like I said, focus on what you will be doing after the PPL. There's no point chasing a cheap license if after that you will need to spend another 1-2k in familiarizing in the environment where you actually want to fly post PPL.