PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St. Helena Service
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2015, 10:47
Ddraig Goch

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the news on Atlantic Star, Enicalyth. Further to that info more details from Atlantic Star's website:

The countdown begins to ticket sales for our historic first flights

October 28, 2015

|Sorry about the part duplication but I posted before seeing Es last posting!

Atlantic Star Airlines

Tickets for flights between the UK and St. Helena will go on sale at midday on Monday 2nd November 2015.

These flights, operated as charters by TUI-fly, will link the UK with St. Helena direct for the first time in history. In recognition of the event Atlantic Star and TUI-fly have allocated the flight number OR1502 for the southbound flight, reflecting the year St. Helena was discovered. The northbound flight will be the OR2002, the year that citizens of the British Overseas Territories became British Citizens.

An Economy ticket will cost £1299 including all taxes and charges. This price includes a 15KG hold baggage allowance and a 5KG carry on bag. Seating is 6 abreast with a 30” seat pitch. Service on board will include a meal on each sector and a complimentary bar serving both soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.

Economy Plus prices start at £1799 and includes an extra 3” of legroom, 4 abreast seating, sparkling wine included in the bar offering, executive lounge access and Fast Track through security at Gatwick.

Child seats are available at £799 - which is less than the industry standard 2/3 of an adult fare reflecting Atlantic Star’s commitment to providing opportunities for families to travel to and from St. Helena.

Ticket prices are for a return trip.

Ticket sales will be conducted on behalf of Atlantic Star by TravelPack Ltd, a fully ATOL bonded and long-established UK travel agency, and can be purchased, from 2nd November, via our website or at the TravelPack Wembley shop. Tickets can also be purchased in person at Solomons travel shop in Jamestown, St. Helena.

Richard Brown, founder of Atlantic Star Airlines said "A tremendous amount of hard work has gone in behind the scenes by the team at Atlantic Star Airlines, TUI-fly, Air Charter Services and TravelPack to bring these charter flights together. We should also acknowledge the huge task that has faced UK DfID, St. Helena Government, Basil Read Construction and their associated staff and contractors in building an airport for St. Helena from the ground up. We wish them well in the forthcoming airport certification process and look forward to enjoying a smooth touchdown on the island at Easter 2016."

Andrew Radford, director at Atlantic Star added "I am thrilled to be at the point where we can finally realise our ambition of creating a service to serve St. Helena tourism and Saints the world over. We have received many messages of support for our concept of a direct service to London - now is the time for Saints and tourism providers to back our service by jumping on our historic first flights. I look forward to seeing both new and familiar faces on board and also of reacquainting myself with this unique and spectacular island destination."

Will they be weight restricted because of the length of the runway at St Helena or will the two class layout reduce the mtow enough to avoid this?

Sorry about the part duplication but I posted before seeing Es last posting!

Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 28th Oct 2015 at 10:52. Reason: Saw another similar post