PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2015, 00:40
Cat Funt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One really has to wonder, presuming this mess is ever sorted out, how many people on the VGSs would still be willing to go back to working 20-30hrs a week for the current leadership given the appalling lack of basic people skills thus far shown? I've seen nothing over the past 18 months (and longer given his previous tenure as Regional Comdt North) to suggest that Comdt 2 FTS has the first clue about what makes the ACO tick or how to handle unpaid volunteers. Ultimately, they're not dependent on him for their careers and are able to tell him to off at the high port, fill in a form, turn in their MoD90 and walk away. If nothing else, I think his intended "roadshows" would probably have given him a rather entertaining reality check.

Of course, if the comments in the thread below are to be believed, he doesn't fare much better with regular personnel either.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviat...s-reforms.html

I firmly believe that those who choose stick around will do so in spite of him, rather than because of him, because they believe in what they are doing. But even those determined souls will have their limits.