PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - useless Balpa
Thread: useless Balpa
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 12:50
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand it, BALPA were replaced in Virgin, Astreus and a few others. The FlyBe and BMI members were pretty peeved at BALPA's shoddy efforts when things went TU. I didn't pay a great deal of attention, but then again, nor did you.

The point is that BALPA are expensive and often useless - the members are at the mercy/whim of the CC, some of who may be honest, but some who certainly aren't. As for my comments about 2003, they are 100% factually correct. The one FO on the council was immediately promoted and that the others, all captains, were made TREs. Then the TRE pay rise came. That was all paid for out of all FOs having their bonus scheme scrapped and flight pay cut, as I said for a 5yr FO to the tune of £14kpa. There wasn't even an attempt to hide it, so shameless was the corruption. I know that the council has changed since then, and the three worst have long since left, but in 2014, meeting the BALPA rep at the RPG meeting highlighted how afraid and pathetic BALPA is - they refused to publicly back the RPG at the RPG's request because of fear of a run in with O'Leary. What the hell is the point of a union which is so scared of the management of an airline that has so many of their members? IALPA, on the other hand, seem willing to put up much more of a fight, and it appears the Norwegian unions will too. The French - well, that's were things go too far.

Last edited by Aluminium shuffler; 27th Oct 2015 at 13:01.