PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 27th Oct 2015, 12:26
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
"I keep asking myself, under what circumstances you could keep cancelling the low fuel captions and having no one else in the crew questioning your actions. And I keep coming up with the same scenario.
You tell the crew that we have plenty of fuel in the main tank and that your switching off the transfer pumps because you wish to see or demonstrate when low fuel 1&2 come on. So as the fuel in the supply tanks runs down the low fuel 2 comes on and you cancel it and then cancel it a further 2 times waiting for low fuel 1 to come on, it comes on you reach up and turn what you thought were the transfer pumps on and continue with that one last routine task. The low fuel lights illuminate again, but its OK you tell everyone I've turned the transfer pumps on and the lights will go out shortly. Then it all goes terribly wrong!
"

Apart from the 'demonstrating the Low Fuel warnings' part which imho is utter nonsense, a big flaw in your scenario is that in addition to already having both transfer pump captions, when the prime pumps are switched on (inadvertently) the master caution flashes and the CAD lights up which has to be acknowledged. Additionally, the two Prime Pump cautions will be displayed on the CAD until the pumps are switched off.

However, the biggest flaw in your scenario is that it was the Low Fuel 1 that came on first, twice, before the Low fuel 2 came on and stayed on; I refer to table 3 of page 33.