PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 Bear Badge
Thread: 10 Bear Badge
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 12:17
Tengah Type

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CM # 41

As the FAA FG1s disembarked to Ark Royal pan at Leuchars it was probably easier to leave them there after change of ownership.
It was not just the FG1s who became AAR Dependent, several Lightnings could barely have made Sumbrugh without help.

BEagle # 46

Night Astro was always easier with you, without the sun glinting off your bonedome.

CM # 50

Bringing the sextant smacks of pre-flight planning. Not an AD strong point in my experience. One day at Goose Bay, after I had delivered the AAR Face to Face Brief for a trail to Eilson AFB in Alaska, the F3 Leader asked to borrow the 1 in 6 million scale map marked with big red and orange markings on it as a visual aid. This was so he could photocopy it so " we have got some idea of where we are going ". He also borrowed Eilson Approach Plates, to photocopy, " in case we need them ".
The Question of the day was why were we not planning to use Lynn Lake
( marked on the map with an anchor ) as a diversion airfield. Reply " Because it is a lake! ".

TTN # 52

" rest his eyes for a few minutes ". My Nav Rad could manage 5 to 6 hours on some of the Op Corporate sorties, using his " pillow ", which was the inflated silver liner from a wine box.