PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part finished UK PPL now moving to Oz
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 08:13
Glasgow_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK to Aus

Andrew - your not about Scotland by any chance, are you?
I'm heading back in a couple of weeks and would be happy to catch up for a beer and give you whatever insight I can into flying (and life in general!) down here.
Actually got a few hours to kill in LHR on the 17th if you are about there by any chance.
Otherwise, yea - just let us know where your going to be and we can hit you up with suggestions. If you are in Victoria, I'd be delighted to take you up for a spin round the area too.
Flying, as someone else said, is quite different down here - but it's a long way from Kansas, so why would it not be! A good instructor will recognise the training you have done and, as long as it's safe, allow you to keep whatever habits you have developed (even if it is pulling the "carby" every 10 mins!). Navigation is quite different being such a vast place with not much around - as is really having to consider forecast arrival/departure temperatures and build them into your performance planning (of course I did that in the UK too...) - quite often it just gets too hot...
Anyway - have fun!!

Cheers.
Ricky