PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstart NZ Regional - Captains & F/O's
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 07:03
Corkey McFuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha had do search ttfo and laughed (sorry). I get the impression they are struggling to find captains, I've heard of a few people being offered DEC's with little to no experience in that type of operation. Though I think one of their biggest setbacks is the Auckland only base.

In this day and age, regional turboprop earnings are simply not adequate enough to live in Auckland. Even the ones they have will be looking to move upwards because it's simply unaffordable,- so high turnover.

I think they would do better at getting / retaining crews if they could base them in the regions (the Napiers/Nelsons, hell even the Christchurchs & Wellingtons). The planes are all going to be overnighting there anyway surely there would be more advantage in the long run with having crews based in the regions. And air nelson shutting down regional bases I'm sure there are plenty of dash skippers who don't want move their family to the big smoke and rather jump on the jetstar bandwagon if it means staying put...

What are the chances ?