PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstart NZ Regional - Captains & F/O's
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 05:21
Captain Condom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terms and conditions

Just to add to the mix.

I applied to Jetstar a couple of months ago. I'm a captain at Air Nelson, ttfo (do a search) by Air New Zealand so looking for other options. Got a fairly quick response to my application - asked to take the online psych test ($187). No details on salary, prospects etc, so at this stage I phoned Jetstar in Australia. I got straight through to the HR person - had a quick chat then she put me on to the pilot recruiter. Basically they are setting up a similar structure to Air New Zealand/Air Nelson. They are setting up a turboprop operation, no connection to the jets, no common seniority list etc. Salary is about the same as Air Nelson. Didn't really talk about other terms and conditions - I did say I thought they would be lucky to get captains without a common seniority list (I emailed Grant Kerr, head of Jetstar NZ) with the same opinion, but didn't get any reply.

May be a good option for people looking to get a quick command. If I were them though, with no ties to N z, I'd apply to Emirates. There is a big, exciting, well paid world beyond NZ.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Captain Condom; 27th Oct 2015 at 05:22. Reason: Typo corrected