PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Go around?
Thread: 737 Go around?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2015, 03:44
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...but if you float on landing, doesn't the AT come in and help you fly down the runway at 10ft???
Actually, if it comes on it will directly enter into flare logic aka RETARD mode if below 27ft RA, see the turkish airlines accident.

Denti be careful with these double clicks. If you have left the auto throttle in for Ga and then take out the a/t once the go around has been established sounds like a recipe for disaster
Well, i didn't say until the go around is established, and even if you wait for that, where is the disaster? Thrust is established, attitude is established and one knows with the second click that it is now solely the pilots responsibility to regulate thrust.

The discussion about the use of the ARM mode is very old, but apparently some airlines use it and it doesn't cause smoking holes. Personally i used it during my stay on the 737 for about 15 years in several carriers that had it as their SOP and it has some advantages and some disadvantages, but nothing that cannot be trained for.