PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual application for a helicopter?
Old 25th Oct 2015, 17:58
JerryG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Lowering a VHS tape of the royal (Charles/Diana) wedding to the QE2 as she came up the South West approaches so that the pax didn't miss out on the national p*ss up.

2. Using a home-made sky-shout to scare yachties away from a live torpedo firing range. The fall-back position if they ignored us was to get the submarine to surface next to them ... hysterical to observe the increased levels of interest at that point!

3. Blowing sand in the eyes of Miss Grace Jones, shortly after she'd punched Russel Harty. (The mine/bomb sequence in A View To A Kill ... didn't mean to, honest)

4. Dropping the NASA/ESA Huygens probe for parachute inflation tests. Had to knock on the door of a couple of Oxfordshire houses to ask for it back when the wind got up a bit. Five years later it broke through clouds and took the most stunning pictures of the surface of Titan. I hereby claim to be the only helicopter pilot to have participated in filming another body in the solar system (but I'm certain somebody on here is going to knock me off that perch?)