PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 25th Oct 2015, 14:07
SASless

Received 515 Likes on 215 Posts
I think I am like most, Dave was one of us, had a similar background and training as most of us, and in all likelihood could very well have been anyone of us except they way things go when it comes to being in the seat that night.

What we are trying to work out is why this happened to Dave as it could have been one of us instead except for Luck, Fate, or sheer happenstance.

I am trying to make sense out of what we know...and trying to put myself in Dave's Shoes that tragic evening.

Everything tells us it should not have happened to him....yet it did.

That is what is frightening about all of this...it could very well have been anyone of us if it could happen to Dave.

I don't know him...doubt I ever met him....but I know in my heart he was a good guy with good training and apparently made some mistakes.

I don't fault him personally and only hope to see it all figured out so we can learn from this sad loss of lives and hopefully prevent future losses to the same causes whatever they turnout to be.