PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 25th Oct 2015, 13:03
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Dear Mum,

It's the end of week four in the Army for me and I don't like it very much. I'm sorry I haven't written sooner, but our Sargeant says we're not really allowed. I think that's against my human rights. He said I haven't got any, which is so unfair.

I think our Sergeant is quite nasty because he shouts all the time and expects us to do everything he says even if we don't want to. Sometimes he shouts at us in front of other people, which is very humiliating. He makes us carry all our own stuff even when it's too heavy. He never helps us with our stuff. I told him my back hurts, but he didn't listen. He made me do press ups in front of everyone and called me names. I think that's against my human rights.

I'm very unhappy because we never get enough sleep. We have to do all our own cleaning very late at night and then get up very early. I wish you were here to do some cleaning. When we clean our room, the nasty man says we haven't done it and we have to do it again. I don't like getting up early, I think it's my right to have enough sleep.

We have to shoot guns as well, which I think is dead stupid. They are very heavy to carry and much too loud. He always shouts at us because he says they're not clean enough. He took my iPhone away because my gun wasn't clean. That's well out of order and against my human rights.

I want to ask to come home, but the Sargent won't let me. He said I wouldn't be allowed to go home if there was a war. It's so wrong. He told me to grow a pair, but I don't know what he means.

I miss you and want to come home.

Kevin.