PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 25th Oct 2015, 08:51
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we follow llamaman's theory through to its logical conclusion, are we saying that only a government member can judge a politician? Only a referee can judge a foul.....

I have not been and I strongly suspect never will be CFS accredited, however I do have a lot of experience being trained!

I have been taught by all three British services (4 if you include the RM) in Fast jet, Multis and rotary, plus two foreign militaries.
I have also been trained by various corporate trainers like CAE and FlightSafety and airline training departments.
(I've even been taught by BEagle!)

I think that gives me a valid viewpoint on training.

In case anybody is interested, I think the Army does the best ground school by far, the RAF the best BFT and the RN the best and worst OFTs I've seen.

Out of interest beardy, which version of the CFS type training were you trained by?

The bad old version or the new version?
Both are widely copied and consider/considered themselves to be the pinnacle of training excellence.

They are very different, so both can't be right.

I think nowadays the focus is too much on scorable technical skills which are easy to put on a graph rather than a well rounded competent aviator who can think out of the box.

At the end of the day nobody is arguing that bullying is good.

You could in fact define bullying training as any training that is too aggressive to produce positive overall training benefits.

The contention is merely what is considered bullying rather than robust training, and that line has moved an enormous amount in the last 20 years as far as CFS is concerned.

I don't happen to agree.

Last edited by Tourist; 25th Oct 2015 at 10:04.