PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaperon washes up on Reunion Island
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2015, 22:29
indie cent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due process

If I could carefully ask about the legitimacy of supposedly scientific papers being quasi published here.

One link includes the following:

"4.1 BASIS
Definitive failure analysis is most difficult to perform without the following:
 Jet aircraft incident investigation knowledge and experience
 Physical access to the MH370 Flaperon"

Interesting.

If it is the norm for a professional pilot website to link directly toward unregulated, self-entitled, reports which could easily be interpreted as rigorous analysis and these are read as having credibility... Then what happens if the professional analysis is in total contradiction to widely publicised but entirely unqualified speculation?

I am genuinely struggling for the eloquence and words to sum up the distrust that is held for rigorous scientific procedure which has given society so many benefits.

Today, right now, it seems possible for anybody to publish a link to a "paper" which has no publishing etiquette, no scientific peer review and no moderation. Yet, gob****e is elevated to the status of worthy reading. Different subject, but the internet seems to mean that everybody has an opinion on the truth!

Yeah - I did feel frustrated because I followed the thread hoping for insight and also read the links. To make matters worse - I started out thinking it was meaningful analysis.