PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier offers majority stake in C Series to Airbus
Old 24th Oct 2015, 21:51
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"After a year suffering the economic consequences of the oil price slump, OPEC is finally on the cusp of choking off growth in U.S. crude output. As the U.S. wilts, demand for OPEC's crude will grow in 2015, ending two years of retreat, the IEA estimates.
While cratering prices and historic cutbacks in drilling have taken their toll on the U.S., OPEC members have also paid a heavy price."

How long are the 'greedier' OPEC states likely to continue to suffer lost oil revenues? How do you suggest they pay for those palatial extravagances, VVIP wide bodies, not to mention all those A380s, 777s, 787s? With oil at 45 bucks a barrel??? I suspect the price of their vanity will soon return to former levels.

Bombardier offer more in their C series than just a 20% fuel saving. Somebody needs to read their brochure.

I don't see the C series listed for DXB next month but I wouldn't read much into it if it doesn't show. They have an aircraft to certify and it doesn't sound likely they'll announce any additional sales this close to the wire.

What launch customer of ANY new aircraft wouldn't want some assurance. Including Air Baltic. A Bombardier customer.

FWIW, Canada doesn't need F35s. We need a gazillion armed drones to create drone pilot jobs for us retirees.

Giddy up

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 25th Oct 2015 at 02:22.