PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 24th Oct 2015, 17:24
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
SASless

Beating your head on the wall.....really?

<snip>
This switch position thing is one of many issues that needs explaining if we are to make sense of what happened that night. Sadly, there is not going to be anyway to know definitively how they came to be in the positions they were found.

They could have been moved there by the Pilot, moved there by the Impact, or a combination of both....how does one determine the truth of the matter?
Sorry, my bad, let me detail that "beating my head onto the wall" :
That tiny half sentence of the report describing that the over head switch board got dislodged and moved downward over the cockpit panel, totally changed the weight of the"fact" where the switches were found to be!

In flight they could have been exactly as there were found post crash, or directly opposite or any mix in between, unless someone determines by abrasion analysis or other magic how they came to be in the positions found.

Hence the head banging simply referred to the extreme deterioration of that "fact" caused by said little sentence
in relation to how many people hinge all their blame (on pilot or manufacturer) on that rather soft evidence.