PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 24th Oct 2015, 15:32
falcon900

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Air Police,
I hear what you say, but the report specifically refers to Routine surveillance tasks, and refers to their completion before proceeding to the next task. If the crew were acting autonomously at this point, and there were no communications, how have the AAIB been able to conclude that there were discrete tasks, that they were routine surveillance, and that they had been completed? I take it you would agree that if the aircraft had been assigned to a task, it would be odd to assign it another without knowing the first was complete?
I also wonder whether Police Scotland were able to shed any light on events on the ground that night?
Events in the Bothwell area that night seem to me to be at the crux of this tragedy, and worthy of closer examination.
As for reviewing the landing fuel state records, I again hear what you say, but given how fastidious the AAIB have been in outlining all of the other steps they have taken, it would seem odd to exclude this one. Interesting that they note the operators increase of MLA in the aftermath of the accident though