PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Presidential Helicopter Cabins Made in INDIA ?????
Old 24th Oct 2015, 14:34
Hilife

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stinger

For those of us fortunate enough to ‘walk upon England's mountains green’, we know only too well that Remembrance Day is fast approaching.

As such this would be a fitting time to highlight to you that during WWII, the number of Indian men who joined up to fight alongside the British was greater in number than for the sum of every other Empire/Commonwealth country put together, so we Brits have much to thank the Indians for (at the time, the same could not be said for the Italians), not to mention their wonderful contribution to our language, with words like Blighty, pukka, tiffin, and for that much loved British favourite, the good old Ruby Murray.

For a nation of workers and engineers capable of building anything from the Taj Mahal to the Chenab railway bridge, let alone ICBM’s and space rockets, I don’t suppose banging rivets into a collection of sheet metals, formers, longerons and castings etc. should prove to be too taxing, especially as they have been building the cabins for close to five years now.

Add this to the S-92 airframes flaw tolerant design, HUMS monitoring and a fleet which must be fast approaching a million flight hours (so the problems have mostly already been identified), I don’t think the President has too much to fear about the quality of the cabin section whilst up and about in their very low usage airframes.

As for the main and tail rotor hubs and blades (I stand to be corrected by those from Sikorsky past and present), but it was my understanding that these were either made in-house, or within the UTC/UTAS group, so where did you get the idea that the Chinese are building the tail rotor assembly?