PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 24th Oct 2015, 14:06
devonianflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist
Devonian

Interesting to hear you say that.

A couple of questions.

1. Do you honestly believe that the current standard of training gives a better output to the frontline in terms of aircrew ability/capability/knowledge/experience/airmanship?

Personally, I think that for many reasons the current output standards are far lower in many areas.

2. If you asked a member of CFS from the bad old days of "pre-1990", do you think they would consider themselves awful, or would they say "I would like to assure them that current CFS methods are very professional, effective and fair."

Self given compliments and references are worthless.
1. Given that I wasn't even alive back then I've no idea how the output standards compare. I'd hazard to guess though that given the difference in platforms between then and now that any comparison would be very subjective and dependant on personal opinions.

2. I work with a number of CFS people that started in the 80's and they regularly say that the training system today is better overall.

I don't mean to give any sort of 'self-given compliment' as you say. Surely the current international reputation of CFS speaks for itself...

The only reason I pitched in was to reassure future applicants (who may unfortunately believe everything they read on here) that times have changed. Sorry for the worthless modern references...

Last edited by devonianflyer; 24th Oct 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Thanks Jack...