PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Bliar Revelations
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2015, 06:54
AtomKraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for the record, I'm ex Army, but I still can't believe how people fell for the utter bollocks that was presented as a cassus belli for the invasion of Iraq.

One good friend, an ex FAA pilot, was good enough to admit to me years later that I was correct in my 'this is Bull****' view at the time- but he's a clever chap, and I'm just baffled at how a lot of other clever chaps like him were so easily won over by lying tw@ts like Blair.

To be clear, to be a threat, and worthy of attack, Iraq should have had not just the means, but also the intention, of attacking us.

The intention? Highly doubtful. He had bigger problems, much nearer.

The means? Of the WMD, NBC triad, he might possibly have had a chemical or biological capability, despite all his efforts to prove a negative to Hans Blicks et al, but even if he had a chemical capability, as was postulated at the time, how could that constitute a threat to the UK without a means of delivery?
We KNEW he had no strategic Air Force or navy, so was he going to mail the chemicals to us?

Far too many of the citizens of the UK are gullible idiots.

Our military leaders, sadly, are amongst them.

And as for the Tories, they were the only ones who could have stopped our Tone, but utterly predictably, they fell right in behind him. Pathetic.

I now live and work abroad, and while GW2 was not the motivator for that, I'm very happy to have weakened my links with the Country that used to be 'Great' Britain.

The lack of balls during that whole escapade was shocking.