PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Appealing CAA refusal???
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2015, 06:04
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of points spring to my unqualified mind.
As far as I know, the CAA medical department will not discuss medical matters on the telephone, nor will they conduct email correspondence relating to anything. They have a protocol which demands that all medical material be in slow mail written form.
Fairly recently a policy or rule, or what have you, was initiated such that an initial Class I will not be issued with an OML.
You should send them absolutely every report you have that works in your favour especially recent ones, all in neat chronological order. Keep copies or send those instead, they seem to accept them. Any CT scans, EEGs and any other test results, for which you may have to pay yourself, might help.
You could have a look through this link and others you might find to see on what protocol basis they are making their decision.

Guidance for Medical Certification of aircrew | Medical | Personal Licences and Training

I've always found the CAA medical department at LGW to be extremely helpful in the end result notwithstanding the navigational exercises required to arrive there.