PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Instructors - steely eyed or gentle and supportive ?
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 14:14
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FantomZorbin
Quite frankly, having sat on Promotion Boards, I don't see how that threat could have been made good if not supported by Abrasive's previous and future reports.
I expect to learn that you have mended your ways, now that you are in a position of considerable responsibility
No suggestion that future recommendation would be influenced by previous behaviour. He expected to learn; if he did not so learn one would presume that the previous behaviour would have reflected in current performance. I received a similar threat from a particular OC on my welcoming interview. I lasted longer there than he did but never received an acknowledgement that he had been wrong. Prat. Wouldn't even follow him to the toilet to see if he could reach the urinal.

But on Abrasive's future, a couple of current weak reports would certainly cause a board to think twice.