PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Presidential Helicopter Cabins Made in INDIA ?????
Old 23rd Oct 2015, 14:08
Lonewolf_50

Received 461 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by Stinger10
Stop with the lectures on benefits on the global market place. I work in it! I support it!

When the solution for the New Marine One Presidential helicopter was the Lockheed Martin - AW101. Entirely sourced from the UK, Italy, and the US, the Navy helped kill the program with out of this world production security requirements. NAVY rationale; Its a Presidential aircraft. Leading cause of cost overruns.

WHY IS IT NOT AN ISSUE THIS TIME? WHAT HAS CHANGED? Is it simple hypocrisy because Sikorsky finally got the contract?
Why are you back to all caps and shouting?

I will suggest that the program setback from losing the AW101 didn't make the VH-3's any younger or less long in the tooth. A new bird does need to be procured. It appears that other eligible players tired of the game and chose not to play. (Can't say as I blame them, given what happened with AW101).

I will not comment on your overly simplistic description of the end of AW101, but the factors you cite surely contributed to it. The old requirements creep happened again, for reasons that those in the program know and I don't.

Just curious: have you written to your Congressional and Senatorial reps and inquired likewise?
Have you contacted the US DoD 1-800 Waste/fraud/abuse hotline?
If so, what was the response?

Just a note about using the net: Keyword hypocrisy in a rant in all caps is red flag material for more noise than signal.
Do you own shares in AW?
What is your vested interest in this?

@Set1SQ: thanks for setting it straight about the TR blades, I shared in the error there.